- Born and raised in Tampa, Florida
- A graduate of the University of South Florida, Tampa (B.S. in Music Education) and Duke Divinity School (M.Div.)
- Over thirty years of ministry experience as a church music director and pastor
- Lisa enjoys photography, cooking, writing, and travel
- Married to Ed Degrenia, Retired Senior Master Sargent with the Air Force Reserves, having completed 27 years of service and 8 deployments across the world.
- The Degrenias are blessed with two grown daughters, two sons-in-love, and two dogs.
Rev. Macon Armistead received his M.Div. degree from The Divinity School at Duke University in 2017 and is a provisional deacon in the Alabama-West Florida Conference of the United Methodist Church. Macon’s wife, Amy, is a provisional elder in the Florida Conference and when she received an appointment, the two moved from Montgomery, Alabama to Ormond Beach where Amy is the pastor of First United Methodist of Ormond Beach’s new expression of church in western Ormond Beach.
Mike directs all our services, assists with worship planning, and directs our various choirs. He has great experience directing musical groups of varying ages, sizes and musical abilities and appreciation for varying styles of music
He graduated from FSU magna cum laude with a Bachelor’s degree in Music Education and has been sharing a love of music and the Lord throughout a very successful career, including teaching both middle school and high school.
He is an accomplished musician who has performed with a wide variety of groups from high school and college marching bands to symphony orchestras, wind ensembles and musical theater. Like his father before him and son following him, he is well known for his talent on the French horn.
Mike also served at First United Methodist of Port Orange as the Director of Music for 17 years. His experience there included directing Chancel Choirs for two traditional services, praise musicians for the contem-porary service, children’s choirs, hand bell choirs, music camps, Advent and Lent programs, concerts and cantatas .
Amy is responsible for maintaining our church website, handling brand continuity for the church and its ministries, weekly email blasts, advertising and marketing, and other tasks as they become needed.
She and her husband, Alan Norris, have been members of CCUMC since 2001 and have raised their two children, Cooper Norris and Mason Norris, in the church.