Our Faith Community Nurse Ministry integrates the practice of faith with the practice of nursing. This ministry assists congregational members with reaching their optimal level of whole person health. Our Community Nurse acts as an advisor; he or she does not practice traditional nursing functions such as drawing blood, providing medical treatments or administering flu shots or medication. The Faith Community Nurse Ministry offers a variety of support services:
- Visits members identified via notification through our church office
- Provides counseling on related health issues
- Offers classes on how to maintain good health
- Arranges for health screenings
- Assists in developing support groups
- Trains and coordinates volunteers
BLOOD PRESSURE SCREENING
Blood pressure screening is offered the 3rd Sunday of each month in between worship services. From May through October, screening is done between the 9:30 and 11 a.m. services; and from November through April, it is after the 8 a.m. service and the 9:30 a.m. service.
If you are an RN, LPN, CNA, Paramedic/EMS and would like to help with the monthly blood pressure screening, please contact Eileen Savell, Faith Community Nurse at 386-689-4431. There is no commitment to help each month – any amount of time would be appreciated!